2020 Classes and Dates
June 12-14 300 Class
June 26-28 300 Class
July 10-12 400 Class – 300 Class Certificate Required
July 24-26 300 Class FULL
August All dates full Military Classes
CLASS TUITION: $1500.00
300 CLASS– This is our combo class it is 3 days long and includes the basic and advanced materials plus additional time field shooting. We designed this class for the out state person who can’t or doesn’t want to make multiple trips to get in both the basic and advanced classes. In this class you will spend 2 nights at long range shooting camp in the woods. We supply almost everything needed for the 3 days, spacious bunk house tent, XL cots, sleeping bags XL, pillow, all food starting with lunch on day 1 (prepared by a dutch oven chef) and specialized shooting gear.
Location: NearCoeur D’Alene Id.
Times: Day will start meeting us at the Baymont Inn (2209 E Sherman Ave Couer D’ Alene, ID just off exit 15, I 90), have breakfast before you meet us at 07:00, we will take you out to long range camp and have the classroom portion of the class, train on LRH theory with sub calibers and get a start on condition reading. Days 2 and 3 will be longer days as we will start early to take advantage of the best shooting conditions and finish in the late afternoon. These days will cover hunting caliber rifles and full field shooting conditions. Total class time is approximately 30-32 hours.
Requirements: Equipment requirements are pretty simple, below is a list of have to have and a list of if you already have it bring it.
- Rifle capable of 1 moa accuracy (1” or less at 100 yards consistently)
- Rifle that is comfortable enough to shoot 50-70 rounds a day through.
- Scope with consistent repeatable target knobs. If it also has a ballistic reticule that is OK. I recommend click values of ¼ moa. I highly recommend against 1/8 moa clicks.
- 200+ rounds of ammunition you intend to hunt with. Do not show with practice ammo and intend to hunt with different ammo.
- Eye & ear protection
- Bipod, lightweight rear bag or backpack etc to shoot over/off.
- Clothing for any weather
Class Content: The following subjects will be covered in the class:
- Minute of angle
- Up/downhill shooting
- Spin Drift
- Drop charts
- Field shooting
- Terminal ballistics
- How to practice
- Hunting application
- Advanced condition reading techniques
- This is a field shooting class and the bulk of 3 days will be doing just that.
Bring any personal gear you may need there are no facilities of any kind. If you think you might need it bring it with you. Bring swimming gear, if it is hot we usually take an afternoon break to cool off.
Our location is very accessible, a car can access the location no need to rent an SUV if you are flying in.
Most centrally located motel Baymont Inn on 2209 E. Sherman Ave, 208-667-6777
For any questions:
For any questions:
Defensive Edge Inc
1-208-687-2659 Shop Phone
Defensive Edge 400 Class
The Defensive Edge long range shooting class 400 series is for graduates of the 300 class that want to work on field / hunting deployment skills. The 400 long range shooting class utilizes all of the long range shooting skills learned in the 300 long range shooting class. What the 400 long range shooting class offers in addition to the 300 long range shooting class is that we spend the majority of our time shooting from different field positions and deploying from a backpack.
The 400 long range shooting class covers:
- Refresh of shooting in wind over terrain
- Setting up your long range shooting gear and platform for hunting / field shooting
- How to streamline your long range shooting process for field shooting
- How to speed up your long range shooting from a static position
- How to speed up deployment from a backpack for long range shooting
- How to load out for backpacking and long range shooting
- Long range shooting platforms, weight vs shooting ability demonstration and testing
- Long range shooting from unique field positions
- How to build a stable long range shooting position in the field
- Working long range shooting solutions solo vs in a team
The 400 long range shooting class will require students to bring a back pack suitable for carrying a rifle and all shooting gear. Two of the three days of this long range shooting class will require a two to three mile hike to the shooting locations. This is truly a train as you hunt long range shooting class.
Class Gear Requirements:
- Personal items – clothing for all weather to include swimming gear, toothbrush, teddy bear, etc.
- Eye & Ear Protection
- Shooting Gear – bipod, shooting sticks, rear bag etc. (we will also have items to demo and use)
- Rifle capable of consistent ½ moa accuracy that you can stand to shoot 50-60 rounds a day
- Ammunition 200 rounds of the ammo you intend to hunt with
- Backpack capable of hauling rifle and all shooting items
Items We Provide:
- Cot, Sleeping Pad, Sleeping bag, Pillow
- Food and drinks (we have a serious dutch oven chef)
- Class materials – handout, notepads etc.
- Bunk house tent
- A hunting camp like atmosphere